Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What a Week!

I was totally unprepared for how exhausting A-100 was going to be, but I also had no idea how much I was going to love it! This last week has been a complete whirlwind, and as family and friends can attest, I've pretty much fallen off the radar. We officially started the 153rd A-100 class (Orientation for Junior FSOs) on Tuesday, and have since been listening to high-ranking speakers, learning the ins and outs of State, and receiving the highly anticipated bid list.

Oh, the bid list. I have spent the last five days excitedly researching cities all over the world, including googling many to find out where they were even located! We aren't allowed to publish the list, but I can say that it's pretty fantastic. I've done my initial ranking of the posts, but don't have to submit the list until next week so I'm sure it will change several more times...My biggest hope is that I'll go somewhere where I can use my Arabic, preferably in a large city. Of course it would be also nice if Gene had some employment opportunities, or at the very least a reliable internet connection for telecommuting purposes. I happily signed several forms indicating that I'm World Wide Available so we'll have to wait and see what happens!

Now I just have to wait three more weeks till Flag Day!!

2 comments:

  1. You guys really do have a great list. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pantsuits and PearlsMay 26, 2010 at 3:58 AM

    Thanks! Our rankings were due this morning, so we'll see what happens....

    ReplyDelete